Let’s talk about Eyebrows!
So you want to learn how to tackle your eyebrows??? Well, great! So do millions of other makeup lovers across the country! I’m going to teach you step by step how to achieve the “Perfect Brow” with minimal products and steps, with the assistance of a fellow Dallas makeup artist, Brittany Thompson Kroll, The Luxxe Look owner/founder. www.theluxxelook.com
“Brows are one of the most intimidating portions of a makeup application. Whether it’s the fear of difficulty or severity, most clients have reservations with their brows. With the right products and guidance on shape, you will learn to love and believe that brows are the most essential part of your makeup.” Brittany says, and I could not agree more! Eyebrows are difficult! But just like anything worth perfecting; practice makes perfect!
Steps for achieving the perfect brow:
- Brush eyebrow hairs to desired shape with clean spooley brush
- Load desired eyebrow product to angled brush and start at the highest point of intensity (e.i. Eyebrow arch); start with the lowest hair follicle and brush upward into brow hair
- Draw or paint the entire length of brow until it comes to a point; use the angled brush to guide your shape and desired end length of brow
- Connect brow tail at top and bottom at desired end of brow shape
- Lightly fill in front of brow following the natural direction that the brow hairs grow
- Push product that is on angled brush upward into eyebrow hairs starting from front until you get to desired end of brow shape
- Lightly feather brow hairs in front of eyebrow
- Fill in any sparse areas in eyebrows with angled brush and comb through brows with clean spooley brush
- Comb through finished, polished eyebrow with clear brow set
- Keep eyebrow hairs neat and groomed for optimum shape; do not over tweeze, wax or thread
- DO NOT USE BLACK IN YOUR EYEBROWS!!!! EVER!!!!
- Don’t use your lip liner or mascara in your brows EVER!!!!
Tools you need to achieve the Perfect Eyebrow:
- Eyebrow brush, Clean mascara wand or Spooley
- Small angled brush
- Eye shadow, Eyebrow gel or eyebrow pencil that matches your natural hair color and compliments your skin tone
Erica’s Top Eyebrow Picks
Practice, Practice, Practice
I encourage you to practice, practice, practice on perfecting your brows and stop by your favorite makeup counter/store and get a eyebrow lesson. Or book a private makeup lesson with me and I will teach you! I also would like to recommend that you follow Brittany Thompson Kroll on IG @ladybeekay for more makeup tips and techniques! Thank you, Brittany for collaborating with EyesByErica on brows!